Sustainability is the flavor of our generation and it will be of our next generation too! In fact, we don’t adopt sustainable lifestyle NOW, our planet will succumb sooner than later to the catastrophic effects of global warming and natural calamities. Having said that, we feel that the time is still on our side and we should start living life as sustainably as possible ASAP. The best part – we don’t have to move mountains for it and there are simple steps that we can adopt starting right from our home.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle: Start with reducing the amount of waste you generate in your home. Reuse items as much as possible, and recycle everything that can be recycled whether it’s plastic, clothes or anything. Gone are those days when people used to feel proud of “not repeating outfits”! It’s time to be an Outfit Repeater.
- Use energy-efficient appliances: Replace old appliances with new, energy-efficient models. Look for appliances with the Energy Star label, which indicates that they meet energy-efficiency standards. Check green tick-marks when you buy appliances.
- Switch to LED light bulbs and Remember to switch off when not in use: Replace your incandescent light bulbs with energy-efficient LED bulbs. They last longer and use less energy, which can save you money on your electricity bill.
- Use products where ingredients are natural: Switch to products that are made from natural, environment-friendly ingredients – whether for food or for cleaning.
- Plant a garden: Consider starting a garden in your backyard or on your balcony. Growing your own vegetables and herbs is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and eat healthier. Choosing Green is a way to go!
- Use reusable bags and containers: Say goodbye to plastic bags and containers, and switch to reusable bags and containers. This can help reduce the amount of waste you generate and save you money in the long run. BYO wherever you go whenever possible.
- Reduce water waste: Fix any leaky faucets and toilets, and take shorter showers. This can help reduce the amount of water you use and save you money on your water bill. Many times we take water for granted but let’s spare a thought for people who don’t even get it enough to drink.
- Use public transportation, bike, or walk: Consider using public transportation, biking, or walking instead of driving your car whenever and wherever possible Save your $$$s on gas and maintenance.
Sustainable living starts from us and Sustainability initiatives start from our home! Every small step we take will be the big step towards making Mother Earth happier and healthier for our kids and their kids!
Thanks for your continued love and appreciation for our media. We love to collaborate with brands and we love to get feedback from our readers. Did you check our platform “SocialMediaMomSG” for mompreneurs, local brands and ladies?
Drop a line on [email protected] / [email protected] or Click here to get in touch with us. Happy to connect!