If you have been actively trying to save and stretch your dollar – as every parent aims to do – you’ll realise that the current climate isn’t the best when it comes to saving. Across the board, interest rates have been going south thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic and your money might not be pulling as much weight as it should.
That was when I discovered Dash PET by Etiqa Insurance, an insurance savings plan that currently offers the best savings rates** among other similar products in the market. With Dash PET, you get more for what you save with returns of up to 1.5% p.a.*^!
Here’s what you can expect.
Get high returns AND free insurance
Dash PET not only gives you high returns on your savings, but also covers you with free insurance. All you need to do is save from as little as S$50 (and up to S$30,000) to enjoy the following benefits:
● Best interest rate** of 1.5% p.a.: Enjoy 1.3%* p.a. and 0.2%^ p.a in bonus interest when you opt in for FREE protection, on the first S$10,000 of your savings. Above S$10,000 savings will earn you 0.3%* p.a.
● Enjoy free protection: Get free COVID-19 coverage, including vaccine side effects, and complimentary Death & Total and Permanent Disability^ coverage of up to $50,000.
You read that right. Dash PET gives you bonus interest when you opt in for its FREE protection. Need more insurance coverage? Dash PET also offers three add-on protection plans – Major Cancer, Accidental Death and Death & Total and Permanent Disability – at affordable premiums that start from S$0.02 per day (based on S$10,000 sum assured for a 17 year-old female non-smoker).
And if the extra peace of mind and affordable premiums are not enough to convince you, get this – for every add-on protection plan that you activate, you’ll enjoy additional interest of 0.25%# p.a. on your savings. Activate all three plans and you could find yourself enjoying returns of up to 2.25% p.a.*^#!
|Base interest rate:||1.3%*|
|Free coverage for Death & Total and Permanent Disability^:||0.2%^|
|Major Cancer add-on protection:||Up to 0.25%#|
|Death & Total and Permanent Disability add-on protection:||Up to 0.25%#|
|Accidental Death add-on protection:||Up to 0.25%#|
|Total earnings (p.a.) Applicable to the first S$10,000 of savings||Up to 2.25%*^#|
Imagine putting away S$10,000 in your Dash PET policy without making any withdrawals. After a year, you’ll receive S$225 in interest alone, which could easily pay for that year-end family staycation, a few grocery runs, or even 40 to 50 meals at the food court or hawker centre.
Save safely with no lock-in period
Most times, high returns come with a tradeoff. This could be exposure to higher risks, or having to work with restrictions like a lock-in period or high initial deposit. Fortunately, Dash PET comes without any of those.
For starters, it’s capital guaranteed. This means that the money you put into your Dash PET policy is safe from external markets and other macroeconomic factors. There’s no way that you’ll be getting less than what you’ve put in. And if you’re a parent who can’t afford to lose any of your savings when there are mouths to feed, that’s excellent news.
Next, Dash PET does not have any lock-in period. Unlike plans where your money is locked in for a few years and you’re penalised for early withdrawals, you’re free to withdraw or top up your Dash PET policy anytime. Spent less than what was budgeted this month? Transfer your savings to your Dash PET policy to earn more interest. Need more cash to pay for year-end expenses? Just withdraw what you need from Dash PET!
It’s easy too. Because Dash PET is seamlessly integrated with the Dash wallet on the Singtel Dash app, you can make transfers between the two at no extra cost and as many times as you like, even for amounts as low as S$1.
Bonus: Earn rewards when you Dash
Besides helping you save and protect with Dash PET, the Singtel Dash app also has other useful features. The all-in-one mobile wallet lets you scan and pay at more than 12,000 Fave merchants, tap and pay with the Dash Virtual Visa Card, and if you have a helper, remit money home for them. With everything available on one app, it’s great for the multi-tasking mum.
As a bonus, you’ll also earn Dash reward points each time you shop, dine, commute or remit with Dash! These points can be exchanged for vouchers at Cold Storage, Grab, and foodpanda among others, to bring you even more savings each month. Well, that’s not something you would say no to, isn’t it?
Do more with Dash PET
With Dash PET, you’ll be doing a whole lot more than unlocking your money’s growth potential with its high returns and bonus interest. You’ll also get peace of mind knowing that your money is safe, and that you’re well protected with the free insurance coverage it offers.
What you’ll have are options at your fingertips, from the flexibility to use your money the way you want, access to a variety of features on the Dash app, to earning rewards as you go about your daily life.
Get up to S$23 cashback
New to Dash? Enjoy a sign-up bonus of up to S$23 cashback with eligible Dash transactions – from payment, remittance to saving with Dash PET.
Existing Dash users also enjoy S$10 cashback when you sign up for Dash PET and save at least S$5,000. Promo ends 31 March 2022. Visit dash.com.sg/dashpet for details.
Save more and sign up for Dash PET today. To apply, launch Dash > Home screen > Grow Money. Singtel Dash is available to all users, regardless of telco. You can download it here.
- This article is written in collaboration with Singtel Dash
- The information is meant purely for informational purposes and should not be relied upon as financial advice.
- **Compared to similar digital insurance savings plans available for subscription, as at 9 September 2021. This comparison does not include information on all similar products. Etiqa Insurance does not guarantee that all aspects of the products have been illustrated. You may wish to conduct your own comparison for products that are listed in www.comparefirst.sg
- *For the first policy year, 1.30% p.a. up to S$10,000 and 0.30% p.a. for subsequent amount in Account Value. Crediting rate is non-guaranteed.
- ^Additional 0.2% p.a. to the existing 1.3% p.a. returns for your first S$10,000 Dash PET savings during the first policy year while the complimentary protection is active. Complimentary Accidental Death coverage will be offered for the same duration if you are not eligible for this add-on protection. Sum assured will be based on your age and occupation.
- #Additional interests of up to 0.25% p.a. from each activated payable add-on protection applies to the first S$10,000 account value of your active Dash PET policy.
- Dash PET is not a bank account or a fixed deposit. It is an insurance savings plan that earns a crediting interest rate. This policy is underwritten by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. (Company Reg. No. 201331905K). This advertisement is for general information only. Terms apply. Full details of the policy terms and conditions can be found in the policy contract on dash.com.sg/dashpet. Protected up to specified limits by SDIC. As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. You should seek advice from a financial adviser before deciding to purchase the policy. If you choose not to seek advice, you should consider if the policy is suitable for you. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Information is accurate as of 23.02.2022
Thanks for your continued love and appreciation for our media. We love to collaborate with brands and we love to get feedback from our readers. Did you check our platform “SocialMediaMomSG” for mompreneurs, local brands and ladies?
Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com / Shub@RainbowDiaries.com or Click here to get in touch with us. Happy to connect!