I have been a fan of Apple products especially when it comes to iPhone and iPad. I have used various versions of these products over last few years. I did a review feature of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus when I was such a newbie tech reviewer.
Even if I have tried and loved iPad’s previous models and currently using the latest iPad Air, somehow I didn’t try iPad mini ever. But now that we have 2 growing kids at home – 1 who is at a major juncture of schooling and another who seems to be a gadget freak, we decided to get the latest iPad mini. Another reason to add this gadget to our army was the new normal of Working from Home / Hybrid mode and Home-based learning where you really need to be equipped with more technology for smoother functioning of work and study.
iPad mini First Thoughts
This mini-me of iPad is power packed!
Some of the specs that are truly impressive:
- New all‑screen design – iPad mini’s screen is now larger and edge-to-edge. Its 8.3-inch Liquid Retina makes the colors look vibrant and text is sharp to read. It doesn’t put stress on eyes according to my experience.
- Powerful A15 Bionic chip, 6-core CPU, 5-core GPU – all these technical enhancements mean faster and better performance
- Super-fast 5G, Wi-Fi 6 – for faster connection to download files, stream movies
- Support for Apple Pencil – This is one of the most loved feature of iPad mini and I see my family using Apple Pencil extensively. It attaches magnetically to the side of iPad mini and is always ready to go.
- Four gorgeous Colors – Space Grey, Pink, Purple, Starlight – which one will you buy? I was in two minds about purple and space grey then settled for space grey.
- Camera improvements – I have taken some clicks and videos for a few Instagram campaigns using iPad mini and must say that they turned out to be quite decent. I also want to try Centre stage for my meetings where the camera automatically pans to keep you centred in the frame. 12 MP Ultra Wide front and wide back camera make this iPad even cooler.
- 2 special features I must mention are – new slim Smart Folio covers. They are such an essentials to protect iPad mini and easily prop it up. Another is Touch ID which is integrated into the top button for fast, easy and secure authentication. I find it so convenient.
Tips for using Apple￼ Pencil
I have seen my kids using Apple ￼￼Pencil in a super fast way but honestly, I needed￼ some tutorial to realize the power of Apple Pencil.
There are some basic shortcuts you need to remember and yes practice makes one perfect. That’s why I have written this article using Apple Pencil.
Here are some tips to get started with your Apple Pencil.
All in all, I am definitely finding my iPad mini with Apple Pencil a welcome addition to my life as a working professional, content creator and as a mom. A mini but mighty gadget for sure!
Thanks for your continued love and appreciation for our media. We love to collaborate with brands and we love to get feedback from our readers. Did you check our platform “SocialMediaMomSG” for mompreneurs, local brands and ladies?
Drop a line on RainbowDiariesWorld@gmail.com / Shub@RainbowDiaries.com or Click here to get in touch with us. Happy to connect!