School holidays just got over in the month of June…This June we had loads of fun. Now the busy and a bit boring routine has began again. Next long holidays will be in December!!! Oh no, have to wait for a looonnggg time to enjoy the vacation again. But wait, there is no stopping when you want to have FUN. If not vacation, then why not staycation?? Yay, yay!!
I was toying with the idea of going on staycay for some time. How it would be to be in the city but still away from home? How it would feel when you have to pack quick bags and enjoy the mock vacation? After our recent experience in brand-new Holiday Inn Express @ Katong, I would say, keep more staycations coming. It is an absolutely awesome way to get the same feel of vacation without much travel, without much packing and with the entire family in the toe.
When I was invited to try out Holiday Inn Express @ Katong’s brand new rooms, we said why not??!! Holiday Inn is one of the trusted hotels that we try whenever we go out of Singapore. But had never experienced its hospitality right here in SG. So kind of the people of Holiday Inn Express @ Katong that they booked 2 connecting rooms for us since we were going with kids.
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, today opens the doors to Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong in the city’s first heritage town, the Joo Chiat neighbourhood of Katong. Offering a refreshing, affordable and hassle-free stay for guests, the 451-room hotel is the third and largest Holiday Inn Express hotel to open in Singapore.
Kids got very excited when they knew about staycay. It was a new concept for them and they were all ready to explore it. They packed their stuff neatly in their Toddle Trunkies and off we went.
Check In is anytime after 3 PM like many other hotels. Check Out is 12 in the noon. The first impression of this hotel itself is very impressive. It’s new and located in Katong which itself is one of the culturally rich district of SG. Guests will be a stone’s throw from retail stores and eateries at Parkway Parade Shopping Centre and the I12 Katong Mall, while nearby East Coast Park offers lovers of the great outdoors an opportunity to go for a job, cycle, paddleboard or even windsurf at the popular beach park.
The reception staff was prompt, smiling and professional. The floor where reception is located also has breakfast venue, meeting rooms, gym and so on.
There is well-stocked bar and snacks for travellers.
This floor has all the possible things that business and other travellers need:
Only thing that Holiday Inn Express @ Katong should incorporate soon is a Swimming Pool!!! I am sure they must be having some plan for the same.
We took the keys of our rooms and took the escalator to the 16th Floor. By now, we all were in vacation mood already. It was a very different feeling – you are in SG but away from your usual surroundings so it was as if you are out of SG!
Here are our beautiful, cozy and comfy rooms:
Kids immediately occupied one separate room for themselves and started checking every little thing in the room with great curiosity.
They loved the TV, they loved the bathroom, they loved the accessories and they loved this stunning view that our rooms had:
While the kids were busy enjoying themselves, hubby and me thought of relaxing in our room and check the amenities:
Toilets I am very particular about! Must be spotlessly clean. Holiday Inn Express @ Katong’s toilets are smart, very clean! Overall, in the room I found that they have used the space beautifully.
There was one mini freeze, telephone with international calling facility, Electric kettle and mineral water bottles. Oh! Free wi-fi too!!! Yippee…
This man really needed some rest having just come back from tour:
After taking a quick nap, we were ready to explore the neighborhood:
We did some walking, bicycling and sand play at East Coast Beach…and…
We visited Diggersite – very innovative construction play for kids. Loved it and my separate post on this experience should be up soon!
We also played and got sweaty @ Marine Cove Playground!!!
Whoa!!! By now, am sure you must be thinking that this is nothing but vacation…Yes, yes very true! It just has the added advantage – convenience of being in the same city…
Of course, after doing so many things, our tummies were growling…No worries! Area around Holiday Inn Express @ Katong has an array of eateries where foodies will spoilt for choicest of cuisines. Kids love pizza. So ate @ Alt Pizza. They really serve some awesome pizzas and drinks.
We came back to hotel happy happy. After a good night’s sleep in Holiday Inn @ Katong’s comfortable mattresses, we got up in the morning refreshed.
Did I mention that they serve Free Express Breakfast from 6:30 AM – 10:30 AM. Very yummy and very convenient 🙂 🙂
The breakfast was quite filling. Assorted fresh baked breads, cereals, fresh fruits, fried rice, dhal and upma, drinks, juices…Slurp and Burp!!!
Special mention to this soft, tasty Upma. Upma is an Indian dish made from sooji. I would say this is the best Upma I have ever eaten!!!
My Cup of Tea:
They have Grab n Go option for busy travellers by the way!
Why Holiday Inn Express @ Katong should be your favorite Staycation Destination?
- As with over 2,400 Holiday Inn Express hotels around the world, guests can select from contemporary-designed queen or twin guest rooms and enjoy a comfortable stay at Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong with the consistency and reliability of a global hotel brand.
- Free and fast Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel to stay connected throughout their stay.
- Free Express Start™ Breakfast or a Grab & Go option for a smart start to their day.
- Comfortable and high quality bedding with a choice of firm or soft pillows for a restful night’s sleep.
- Refreshing power showers with a three-function massage showerhead and fluffy towels to keep them revitalized.
- A 24-hour fitness room for them to stay energized and keep up the fitness routine away from home.
- A self-service business centre, internet stations and laundry stations.
- Very near from East Coast Park and I12 Katong Mall, there are loads of things you can consider doing in and around.
- Nestled amongst a charming trove of cultural landmarks, rows of famous Peranakan eateries specializing in traditional Chinese-Malay cuisine, and colorful shop houses, the hotel makes it easy for travellers to explore a different side of Singapore through the area’s diverse offerings and unique architecture.
- Situated a short 15-minute drive from Singapore Changi International Airport, the Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong is located in the eastern region of Singapore, offering convenient access to the city’s Central Business Districts, exhibition, convention and conference centers, making it a smart accommodation choice for savvy business travellers.
Offers and Promotions
To celebrate the opening, Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong is offering a special opening rate starting from SGD121.00++ per night for bookings from now until 31 August 2016.
Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong is the latest addition to one of the world’s largest hotel companies where guests can earn and redeem points at over 5,000 hotels and major airlines globally through the IHG Rewards Club loyalty programme.
Holiday Inn Express Singapore Katong | 88 East Coast Road #07-05 Katong Square Singapore 423371
I would say that indeed, we enjoyed our stay at Holiday Inn Express @ Katong to the fullest. It’s definitely a SMART choice for staycation. ♥♥♥♥♥
Note: we were invited to try out rooms at Holdiay Inn Express @ Katong. No monetary compensation / benefit is recd. All experiences, opinions are solely mine.